TRAINING OF TRAINERS FOR TECHNICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATION IN AFRICA : ACHIEVEMENTS, CONSTRAINTS AND PERSPECTIVES
4-7 December 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
Created by Decree No. 260 / CAB / PR of August 10, 1979, the Higher Teacher Training College for Technical Education (ENSET) of the University of Douala is 40 years old in 2019. To mark this event, an international symposium will be held in December 2019 in the campus of the said establishment.
The objective of this symposium is to evaluate the progress made by the training of technical education trainers in Africa and Cameroon in particular, to identify prevailing constraints and propose ways out to produce qualitative and quantitative human resources to propel the economic emergence of the countries concerned.
It has become a truism that Africa possesses as major asset the youth of its population; this advantage unfortunately contrasts with a very high unemployment rate due among other factors to a very low rate of industrialization. At a time when most countries in sub-Saharan Africa are struggling to reach the status of emerging countries, the question of the rapid growth of their industrial fabrics is becoming more than crucial. Rapid industrialization requires enough skilled workers. This great need for manpower highlights the crucial role of the training of trainers provided by technical education teacher training colleges in the countries concerned.
This international symposium aims to evaluate the progress made in the training of trainers, the pitfalls encountered and the perspectives of this domain of education in Africa. Although focused on sub-Saharan countries that may have fairly common concerns, contributions from citizens from other countries and from other continents interested in issues concerning the training of trainers are welcome. The axes selected for this conference are the following:
- Perceptions of and attitudes towards technical education
- Entrepreneurship Education in Technical and Vocational Schools in Africa: What Educational Innovations to Promote Entrepreneurial Behavior in an African Context
- Technical education, technological innovation and sustainable development
- Problem of the adequacy between training infrastructures and the requirements of professionalization
- Introduction of Shared Online Laboratories in Technical and Vocational Education
- Place of languages in technical and vocational education
- Didactics of technical disciplines and the tertiary sector: what innovations can be envisaged with ICT?
- Problems of dissemination and patenting of scientific and technological works and inventions
- Guidance and counselling for and in technical education: issues, constraints and perspectives
- Training-employment adequacy: the logic of actions at work
- Promotion of gender and excellence in technical education: current situation and perspectives
- Any other theme related to technical education not presented here will be welcome
A seminar organised by the Doctorate School of Engineering of the University of Douala will take place du the symposium. Topics to be addressed and other related modalities will be provided subsequently.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Each abstract should meet the requirements below:
- Title of the paper
- Full name(s) of author(s)
- University of affiliation including Department/Laboratory
- Number of words : 300 maximum
- Fonttype : Times New Roman
- Font size : 12
- Key words : maximum 5
- Mailing address : email@example.com
Registration fee (excluding accommodation) :
- Lecturers : XAF 30 000 (45 euros )
- PhD students (excluding lecturers) : XAF 15 000 ( 23 euros )
- Master’s students : XAF 10 000 (15 euros )
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee entitles each participant to coffee-breaks and a lunch-breaks during the three days of the colloquium.
Registration deadline : 15 October 2019
ACCOMMODATION AND SHUTTLING DETAILS
Details concerning accommodation will be provided later but it is good to note single rooms can cost between XAF 15 000 (20 euros) to XAF 60 000 (90 euros) / per night within a taxi drop from the University of Douala. Shuttling possibility may be provided.
10 May 2019 : Launching of the call for papers
25 June 2019 : End of the reception of abstracts
30 June-15 July 2019 : Evaluation of abstracts
01 August 2019 : Notification of acceptances
20 October 2019 : Reception of complete drafts for accepted papers
25 October–10 November 2019: Review of papers by the scientific committee
15 November 2019 : Return of reviewed draft to authors for final editing
30 November 2019 : Deadline for the reception of edited papers
4 – 7December 2019 : Symposium
15 January 2020 : Reception of papers after post-symposium corrections
15 March 2020 : Publication the proceedings of the symposium with the support of ESPE Aix-Marseille and other possible partners.
President : Prof. Léandre NNEME NNEME
Vice-president : Prof. Ebénézer NJEUGNA
Rapporteur : Dr François Narcisse NJAME
Deputy Rapporteur : Dr Innocent FASSE
- Jeannot MANE MANE
- Emmanuel YAMB
- Marius AYOU BENE
- MBA EDOU
- Jean MBIHI
- Camille EKOMO
- Didier FOKWA
- Achille NOUGA
- Priscille NGUIAMBA
- Catherine Nicole FOUDA
- Fabien BETENE EBANDA
- Thomas AMOUGOU
- Olivier SOSSO MAYI
- Dieudonne ABESSOLO
- NYANGONO BIYEGUE épse AYOU BENE
- Yves Dieudonne BAPES BA BAPES
- Jean Aimé MONO
- Edith BENGONO épse NNEME NNEME
- Catherine MBIE ESSISSIMA
- Ebenezer MAKA MAKA
Members of the Scientific Committee of the African Network of Institutions for the Training of Trainers in Technical Education (RAIFFET), NNEME NNEME Léandre, Joseph YONG, Ebénézer NJEUGNA, Jean MBIHI, Camille EKOMO, Alexis KEMAJOU,Julia NDIBNU-MESSINA, Didier FOKWA, MANE MANE Jeannot, Jules ASSOUMOU Hélène ARMAND, Achille NOUGA, Emmanuel YAMB, Jean-François ESSIBEN, Innocent FASSE, Catherine Nicole BILOA FOUDA, Colette MVOTO MEYONG, Achille BIWOLE, Thomas AMOUGOU OYONO, Véronique Priscille NGUIAMBA, Olivier Thierry SOSSO MAYI,Fabien BETENE EBANDA, Fernande NYANGONO BIYEGUE, Marius AYOU BENE, Evariste FONGZOSSIE, Yves BAPES Ba BAPES, Alexandre MBOUM, GAMOM Roland, Gilbert TCHEMOU, NKEMAJA Dydimus.
Vous devez être connecté pour poster un commentaire.